- The talent competition is heating up. To almost half of the business leaders, workforce planning is top of mind. Yet only 13% do this effectively.
- You may not be sure what you give your organization to stay competitive or how your current staff line up correctly supports the business activities.
- A well defined strategic workforce plan is essential to today's organizations.
- Your knowledge of future initiatives, macroeconomic changes, and industry level evolutions is critical. Without it, you may be filling hypothetical holes.
Impact and results
We offer you a 5-step process, ensuring that building your SWP is not an onerous process. With the right people working with you and time investment, you will see that developing your SWP is easier than you may think.
- Build the project or epic charter
- Assess your company's workforce competency needs
- Identify the impact of economic, industry, local, and internal trends.
- See what the impact is on the roles in your organization.
- Build and monitor your workforce plan
Besides the small introduction, subscribers and consulting clients within this management domain have access to:
Our concise executive brief shows you why you should build a strategic workforce plan in your company. We'll show you our methodology and the ways we can help you in completing this.
Initiate your project or epic
Determine your need for a strategic workforce plan and the IT department's fit for creating one. Then structure your project or epic.
- Build a Strategic Workforce Plan – Phase 1: Initiate the Project (ppt)
- IT Strategic Workforce Planning Project Charter Template (doc)
- IT Strategic Workforce Planning Project Plan Template (xls)
Analyze your company's workforce needs
Identify the external and internal trends that may impact your workforce plan.
- Build a Strategic Workforce Plan – Phase 2: Analyze Workforce Needs (ppt)
- Workforce Planning Workbook (xls)
Build your strategic workforce plan.
Evaluate your priorities, plan initiatives to address them, and formalize and embed strategic workforce planning into your everyday processes.
- Build a Strategic Workforce Plan – Phase 3: Build and Monitor the SWP (ppt)